Fitness Carter

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Lindsey Vonn preps for Olympics with new fitness and diet program - Examiner.com

It's been about eight months since Lindsey Vonn[1] smashed her knee in a dramatic crash on an Austrian slope. Now the gold medalist is back on the slopes and following a new fitness and diet plan designed to get her into shape for the Olympics, reported the Christian Science Monitor on October 5[2] .


Reflecting on her opportunity to compete in the season-opening World Cup event on Oct. 26 to 27, "it's definitely a possibility," said Lindsey. "It's because I'm feeling so strong and ready that I'm bringing that possibility back into the mix." And that readiness results from her dedicated fitness and diet program.


Lindsey has lost weight from changing her diet, and she feels more powerful as a result.


"I think my strength is awesome," she told the Denver Post in a recent interview. "There's no excess weight. I have the muscle mass I need, and the weight I need to be able to ski downhill fast, but there's no excess. That's going to be good for my knee."


And because her knee doesn't get swollen anymore, she "can play tennis, I can do whatever I want. I can do plyos (jump drills) and agilities."


During her workouts, Lindsey focuses on balance, strength and core exercises, according to People magazine.


"I feel 100 percent," she told People. "I'm healthy."


As Lindsey continues to prepare for the 2014 Sochi Games, she emphasizes that she's being careful.


It’s a matter of getting up to 100 percent speed and being able to push it as if I were racing, and I haven’t quite done that yet. Waiting for those last steps before taking the plunge to racing again," she told the Washington Post.



References



  1. ^ Lindsey Vonn (www.examiner.com)

  2. ^ reported the Christian Science Monitor on October 5 (www.csmonitor.com)



No comments :

Post a Comment