Fitness Carter

Monday, January 6, 2014

Cameron Diaz shares weight loss wisdom and fitness tips in 'Body Book' - Examiner.com

Actress Cameron Diaz[1] is known for being blunt about her life. And when it comes to holiday eating, she confesses that she ate everything from pork fat to tacos. But she used the diet and exercise rules in her new book to get herself back on track, and now she hopes that others can do the same, Cameron told USA Today on Jan. 6[2] .


"I ate everything and was not exercising as much to offset my food intake," Cameron confesses about her holiday indulgences.


"I was not managing myself. My body looks different now than it did two weeks ago." But despite that, she has a message that she wants to share with other women:


"I am not going to beat myself up about that," she says. Now she's returned to eating right and exercising, and those guidelines on how to do it right, including feeling good about your own body, resonate in her book: "The Body Book: The Law of Hunger, the Science of Strength, and Other Ways to Love Your Amazing Body" (click for publication details[3] ).


At 41, Cameron feels that it's time to share what she has learned about weight loss[4] , fitness and cherishing your body. Her goal: Help "people to be healthy and live their life to the fullest."


From nutrition news to fitness finds to lifestyle lore, the book serves as a resource for women of all ages. However, Cameron emphasizes that her main goal is for women to "stop hating their bodies, understand them, take care of their bodies and put that energy that they would be turning on themselves in a negative way out to the world in a positive way."


And Cameron didn't grow up perfect. She loved fast food.


"If you are what you eat, I was a bean burrito with extra cheese and extra sauce, no onions," she writes in the book.


But her junk food habits resulted in acne and feeling sick. And Cameron discovered that when she cleaned up her diet, she cleared up her skin and felt better.


Cameron's diet and weight loss guidelines in the book include:



  • Eat whole foods that are unprocessed, such as oatmeal, egg whites, greens and fresh fruit.

  • Choose your indulgences carefully. Example: Cameron sometimes enjoys a "cheeseburger from a place where I feel the ingredients are good quality."

  • Make changes slowly. Example: "If you drink five sodas a day, just drink two and see the difference. Cut them out completely, and you'll see a difference. Replace them with water, and you'll really see a difference."


Does exercise count? Yes, says Cameron, and she recalls her joy in developing "a strong powerful body" when she was 27 and training for her role in the movie "Charlie's Angels."


The transformation "felt amazing. I watched my body transform over a week of intense training — some days doing upward of 1,500 to 2,000 kicks a day," Cameron recalls.


And the take-away from that experience: "It woke me up to my own body and what it was capable of."


As a result, Cameron feels appreciation for her ability to exercise. "I don't look at exercise as a chore. I look at it as something I get to do. I am grateful that I can move my body in that way."


In the book, Cameron also explains how you can experience your own gratitude for exercise, understanding how it, along with the right foods, can truly nourish your body. She feels that by following those guidelines, both she and other women can "maintain quality of life."



No comments :

Post a Comment