Fitness Carter

Thursday, December 26, 2013

TruFit Fitness off to a healthy start - Hometownlife.com

After managing gyms for a national chain of fitness centers, Tyler Koronich felt he could do more to help people reach their goals if he had his own gym.


So he opened TruFit Fitness in January.


“I got kind of frustrated because I’m a personal trainer at heart, and I would see people come in day in and day out and put a lot of hard effort in it but maybe not see a lot of results,” he said. “You go to these huge gyms and everyone is kind of like a number rather than an individual.”


With its smaller class sizes, Koronich said TruFit’s trainers get to better know individual clients.


“I put caps on the classes so everyone gets the attention they deserve. I’ll never throw 30 people in a room. I like to keep most of them at 10 to 15,” he said.


TruFit offers a wide variety of classes and individual workouts, from yoga and Zumba, to kickboxing and barre, to spinning and cross training.


“I was trying to figure out how to bring all of the best aspects of fitness under one roof and give it a small-group feel so everyone in the gym is getting results,” Koronich said.


His idea seems to be working. After opening in January in a 1,000-square-foot space, TruFit moved next door in July to its current 4,000-square-foot location at 2731 E. Grand River Ave. in Genoa Township.


In October, Koronich and his business partner, Kevin Lankford, opened a second TruFit facility in Green Oak Township.


Koronich, 24, grew up in Howell and graduated from Howell High School. He is a certified personal trainer who has competed in mixed-martial arts events.


One of his areas of expertise, he said, is body transformation.


“Me, personally, I had to go through a big transformation myself. I had about 60 pounds to lose,” Koronich said. “My passion is fitness. I know how it’s changed my life and everyone I’m surrounded with. Here, we are changing people’s lives.”


One of the biggest draws at TruFit is The Challenge, which Koronich describes as a six-week transformation program designed to get you in the best shape of your life. It includes one-on-one consultation with a trainer, a nutrition plan and a workout regimen that allows for full access to all of TruFit’s classes during the six weeks. There is even a prize for the biggest weight loss.


The next Challenge begins Jan. 6 and costs $197 for those who register by Dec. 30.


“We ran six or seven Challenges this year,” Koronich said. “This one in January is going to be huge, with all of the New Year’s resolutions and so forth.”


TruFit has about five instructors, including Rachelle Cleary, who leads yoga, kickboxing and other classes.


“She’s been here with me since the beginning, and she’s awesome,” Koronich said.


Most classes at TruFit are held in the mornings and evenings, but individual workouts can be scheduled by appointment.


No matter how much the business grows, TruFit clients can expect personal attention not found at some other gyms.


“Everyone that comes in here I sit down with and consistently follow up with,” Koronich said. “So even if we have hundreds of members, I still know what they’re trying to do, what they’re trying to accomplish.”


For more information about TruFit and its offerings, call 517-546-7100.


No comments :

Post a Comment